Gearing Up For Baseball
If you are into baseball or just beginning to be fascinated with it, you can never be complete without gearing up for your safety and convenience in and out of the field. Here are some accessories to be considered to be in perfect shape for the game.
• Bat and batter accessories – These accessories apply to the players who are tasked to be the batters of the team, the section includes:
* Stick grip enhancers – This is applied to the grip of the bat to eliminate the chances of losing grip to the handle of the bat.
* Rosin bags – Rosin bags keep the hands dry, which is essential to batters.
* Pine Tar rags – These are rags placed on the handle of the bat to ensure non slip grips.
* Eye black – An eye black is applied to reduce glare.
* Leg guards – These gears protest the batter’s shin from foul balls, reducing the risk of injuries.
* Baseball gloves – Baseball gloves are essentials for the catchers and the pitchers alike. To prolong the good condition of the gloves glove lacing and conditioners are needed.
* Protective inner gloves – the gloves serve as a protective tool for the catchers worn under their baseball gloves to give maximum protection to the hands when catching the ball.
* Glove conditioners – the formula remove dirt, prolong the life of the gloves and condition it for more ball games.
* Glove lacing kits – lacing kits are used to repair damaged gloves. It serves more like a mini sewing kit.
* Glove oil – glove oils are similar to conditioners but focuses more on glove enhancement and leather softening.
In baseball, the catcher plays a critical and a dangerous role in the game. The risk of being hit by the ball or the bat is at his side, so here are the most important accessories a catcher has to consider:
* Knee savers – The catcher is almost always in the crouch position so these knee savers come in a great deal of protecting the catcher’s knee.
* Throat protectors – this accessory attaches to the catcher’s face mask to protect the wearer’s throat.
* Batting helmet face guards and accessories
* These are essentials for the ultimate safety of the batter in the field. These include:
* Face guards – these are made of steel wires to be attached on the batter’s helmet to protect the face.
* Chin straps – chin straps offer protection to the batter’s chin.
Wrist bands are optional accessories which help the smooth running of circulation from the wrist to the hand.
The list above gives an overview of what a player should take note of in terms of gearing himself up for the game of baseball that he is going to venture himself into.